Combining a modern linear “striping” sequence with a traditional Shetland lace edging, the Patrice Wrap is a gossamer rectangular stole, perfect for dressing up a party frock for a summer wedding or any festive occasion.
Started with a provisional cast on, the wrap is knit using a simple elongated garter stitch pattern, then bound off by working the Cat’s Paw edging. Finally, the cast on stitches are bound off in the same way. The reversible and easily memorized garter stitch lace patterns are written out, as well as charted. Instructions include an option to add beads to the edging for a bit of extra sparkle.
Yarn: 880 yd [804 m] of lace/2 ply yarn.
Shown in Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud™ (100% Baby Alpaca), 1.76 oz/50 g, 440 yds/402 m: 2 skeins #26765 Beth.
Gauge (blocked): In Elongated Garter pattern stitch, 18 sts = 4“/10 cm and 20 row pattern repeat = 3.25“/8 cm
Needles: Size 8 [5 mm] or size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Spare circular needle cord or waste yarn for provisional cast on
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch markers (2)
- Row counter and locking stitch marker (optional)
- US Size 11 [1.1 mm] steel crochet hook or dental floss threader for placing beads (optional)
Finished Size (blocked): 66” wide x 18” high [168 x 46 cm]
- Knitted Cast-on and Provisional Cast-on over spare circular needle or waste yarn
- Decreases: k2tog, ssk, k3tog tbl
- Increase: M1(make 1), yo
- Knit, double-wrap knit (elongated stitch)
- Slip 1 with yarn in front
- Place bead on a stitch using crochet hook, dental floss threader or other tool then knit the st (optional)
- Elastic Bind-off